We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in a startup environment. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well versed in technological trends, familiar with a variety of business concepts and a passion for creating technology solutions in the events and concierge industry.
You will work directly under the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company in the area of technology and development of OwlGo.
- Leading the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
- Represent the technological agenda in meetings; and when making hiring decisions for the technology team.
- Define delivery phases of the project inducing activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet immediate and future needs.
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture; always be up to date with new trends and best practices in technology landscape.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates and work closely with the team to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues; track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a CTO or similar leadership role.
- Up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of web systems, architecture, design and development.
- Hands on experience with complex project management.
- Understanding of budgets and business planning.
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Strategic thinking with problem solving aptitude.
- A self-starter, good communicator and efficient team player.
- Familiarity with event organising a bonus.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a comprehensive resume, stating current and expected salary, and date of availability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.