You will be responsible for not only design and implementing technical solutions but also identifying and quantifying areas of improvements and presenting these for inclusion in product improvement roadmaps.
- Engage in and improve the lifecycle of platform services from inception and design, through to deployment, operation, measurement and refinement.
- Scale platform services sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for change that improves reliability and velocity.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering on existing and new product development.
- Proactively manage tasks and projects to agreed deadlines.
- Support services before they go live through design consulting, developing supporting utilities, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in Python, particularly for data manipulation, analysis and automation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to audiences of various levels
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment, pragmatically seeking problems and opportunities to automate with a can-do attitude
- Experience in designing, analysing and troubleshooting complex systems
- Experience working independently and collaboratively as part of a specialised team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with SQL / databases
- Experience tuning and administrating Linux operating systems
- Experience in software / network / hardware performance analysis
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience working within a data / software vendor, exchange or trading firm
- Industry knowledge and understanding of financial markets and related terminology
- Experience with CI / CD and Test Frameworks
- Experience with configuration management / deployment automation tools such as Ansible, Spacewalk etc.