Recruitment is currently taking place for roles in our Market Data Distribution (MDRC, MMDRC) Market Data Capture (Market Data Feed Handler) team.
- Our software is developed primarily in C/C++ on the Unix platform
- Within your team you will contribute to product delivery and end to end software development
- The role will involve interaction with multiple stakeholders spanning Software Development, Testing and Client Support teams
- You will have responsibility for coaching team members by providing technical direction
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, installation and support
- Proactively manage own tasks and projects to agreed deadlines
- Adopt and provide feedback on best practices across development teams in conjunction with Senior Engineers. For example, coding standards, tool usage and design.
- Collaborate with team members to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures
- Develop junior team members on technology and processes
- Strong client focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with service- level agreements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- 3+ years of experience in the software development lifecycle from design, implementation (C, C++), through testing and integration.
- Understands the implications of code changes and feature enhancements
- Capable of concisely communicating designs, code and applications to a client-facing standard
- Experience in adopting and providing feedback on new processes/technologies within teams
- Contribute to technical aspects of project delivery, planning and risk management
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Degree (Min 2.1) in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of practical software development experience in a similar environment
- Experience with developing multi-threaded & latency sensitive applications.
- Familiarity with Unix socket programming.
- Capital Market and/or Financial Services knowledge (Trading, Market Data, FIX / FASTFIX protocols)
- Knowledge of Code Analysis / Hygiene concepts and tools (Coverity, Valgrind, Jenkins)
- Development on a UNIX platform (Linux or Solaris)
- Familiarity of scripting languages, in particular Python, used within Continuous Integration and Test Frameworks