We are recruiting for an Assistant Editor to join our team in our Belfast office. Working alongside our Editor, you will produce engaging editorial and regular articles. Writing and sub-editing for both print and online, the role will encompass picture research and social media as well as overseeing essential administrative tasks and liaising with contributors and PRs.
An eye for detail is essential to maintain our high standards when subbing and page proofing. Full training will be given to help you succeed in this role. In addition to your responsibilities in the office, you may be required to attend some events such as exhibitions and press trips.
The role will require you to:
- Proofread, edit and provide feedback on articles written by our team of freelance writers
- Research and source appropriate images to accompany articles and publish articles online and in print
- Write regular travel articles and come up with ideas for new articles which our followers will love
- Find and recruit new writers for the site
- Go on press trips and content creation trips around Ireland
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of £18,000
- Full 30 days paid holiday (including bank holidays and your birthday)
- Free gym membership
- Office in Belfast City Centre
- Working from home one day a week
- One out of office content creation activity per week
- Dress down Fridays
- Beer O’Clock Fridays
- Regular team bonding activities
- Press trips to places around Ireland for content creation
The position will be a six-month rolling contract with the view to becoming permanent. An initial three-month probation period will also apply. The role will start at the beginning of August and will be based in Belfast City Centre.