Automotive Engineer Job Positions:
- Mechanical engineer (BiW, exterior and interior expertise)
- Electrical engineer (Electrical component integration expertise)
- Software engineer
- Battery pack engineer (Lithium-ion expertise)
- Wire harness engineer
Automotive Engineer Job Description:
The Automotive Engineer is the engineer in the automotive industry. The Automotive Engineer will develop the engineering aspects through the given automotive designs that has been approved by the organization and lead the company's engineering development.
Automotive Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- using computer-aided design (CAD) packages to develop ideas and produce designs;
- deciding on the most appropriate materials for component production;
- solving engineering problems using mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, thermodynamic or pneumatic principles;
- building prototypes of components and testing their performance, weaknesses and safety;
- taking into consideration changing customer needs and government emissions regulations when developing new designs and manufacturing procedures;
- preparing material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications;
- supervising and inspecting the installation and adjustment of mechanical systems in industrial plants;
- investigating mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems;
- liaising with suppliers and handling supply chain management issues;
- managing projects, including budgets, production schedules, resources, staff and supervising quality control;
- inspecting and even test driving vehicles and checking for faults.
Automotive Engineer Education and Experience:
- BS in automotive engineering.
- 2-10 years experience in related field. (Experience in the automotive industry is preferred.)
- Proficient with Catia.
Automotive Engineer Personal Abilities:
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing, documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of designing around a brand philosophy.