Hjemmeside Friends International
Chef Trainer and Advisor
phnom Penh, Cambodia
Friends-International (FI) is a leading social enterprise which works with marginalized children, youth, their families, and communities to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
FI created the TREE Alliance (Training Restaurants for Employment & Entrepreneurship, www.tree-alliance.org), which is a global alliance of training restaurants working to build futures for former street youth, marginalized young people and adults. We are excited to welcome someone who is willing to move away from the usual chef work and who is ready to join the development of this exciting initiative. This job is perfect for someone who enjoy seeing young people learning new skills, building their self-confidence and then finally becoming independent.
What will you do?
As Chef Trainer and Advisor, you will work with the TREE Alliance team to implement international kitchen standards and provide training to hospitality staff. You will be training and offering hands-on support in busy training restaurant kitchens as well as in classroom situations. This position will be part of the following projects:
- Provision of technical support for the 6 current members of the Alliance in Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar
- Expansion of the project to countries in Southeast Asia and beyond
You will be based in our head office in Phnom Penh together with other specialists in HR/ Finance/ Business/ Employment/ Social Work and you will spend most of your time either working directly with restaurant teams or in the office preparing your visits, materials and trainings. Get ready for lots of local and international travels!
Responsibilities of the Chef Trainer and Advisor will be the following:
- Advise local training restaurant teams and provide field-based technical support
- Create and update Standards of Procedures and cooking curricula
- Develop trainings for cooking teachers
- Provide international standard cooking and chef trainings
- Provide trainings on health and safety as well as general and personal hygiene
- Create new and develop existing menus as well as carry out food costing
- Work directly with Chefs and build their capacity to become great leaders in the kitchen
- You are a dynamic, independent and proactive leader in the kitchen who is passionate about training others
- You have strong working experience as a Chef (5-10 years) in an international standard kitchen
- You enjoy creative cooking with a high interest and skills in Asian cuisine
- You have excellent communication skills and training qualities
- You are passionate about working with young people and training them for a job in the food service industry
- You are patient, flexible, and have a detail-oriented nature with the ability to work in a team of various cultural backgrounds
- Your computer skills (Word, Excel) are good
- Your English (verbal and written) is fluent; Khmer or any other Asian language is a strong plus
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
Submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position together with a CV and salary expectations. All applications must be in english.
FI is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will be selected based on merit and will be expected to comply with FI’s Child Protection Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
3 ANDRE JOBS
Chef Trainer and Advisor
Antal ledige stillinger
|Middag for 2|
|2v lejlighed||7,891 kr|
SEND MIG NYE JOBS
2 udsendelser per måned.
Sådan fungerer det
FIND DET RIGTIGE JOB
OVERSÆT CV TIL ENGELSK MED FOKUS PÅ JOBBET